Monday, March 9, 2015

Dusting Off the Cobwebs, Previewing Things to Come!

Well, break out the Endust, yours truly, President Dog is finally back to his old stomping grounds! A lot has happened over the last... six months?! It's been that long? Wow, my bad. Anyway, a lot has happened since my last post around these parts, so let's catch up, shall we?

First of all, and this is the biggest, I completed my course in broadcasting from The Sheffield Institute for the Recording Arts in the beginning of December. I officially graduated at the end of January and am currently looking for an on-air position in the industry, so if anyone knows anyone out there looking for quality voice talent for their radio station or even voice-overs, let me know and I'll send a resume, demos and whatever they need to get in order to be considered. Using my voice in my work has always been my dream and I'll do what it takes to make it real.

Second, I've been a horrible procrastinator in trying to get back to not only watching anime, but reviewing and podcasting. The only show I've been reliably watching is the re-release of the original Sailor Moon on Hulu, despite my efforts to plan and find new anime to watch. Combine that with an uncertain way to consistently find places to post my podcast (Soundcloud is not going to work, with its strict time limit before paying) and my malaise towards reviewing has only been augmented. Again, if anyone can point me in the direction of a quality hosting place for me to upload my podcast, I'd highly appreciate it. I know I could potentially post it on YouTube to some degree, but I'd rather not use an audio-only format on there if possible.

Finally, in a big move and look towards the near future, thanks to a generous tax refund, yours truly will be heading on a major Spring vacation to Orlando, Florida! My initial destination is for MegaCon, an excellent convention for all kinds of nerdy things and is boasting an unreal amount of guests that I'd love to meet. Personally, the ones I'd love to meet the most are the voice-over artists, which include Jeremy Shada, Olivia Olson, the voices for all three of the Warners from Animaniacs (Jess Harnell, Tress Macneille, Rob Paulsen) and finally, my VO idol, Grey DeLisle. Her alone is one of the biggest reasons I'm attending this convention. The convention runs from April 10th-12th at the Orange County Convention Center, right in the bull's-eye between Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld and Walt Disney World.

Speaking of the theme parks, I know I'll be hitting up at least one, but I'm not sure which. I've been to Disney World once before when I was in high school on a band trip, but I never got to experience the entirety of all four parks (I unfortunately got sick on our EPCOT/Animal Kingdom day near the end of the trip.) On the other hand, I haven't been to Universal Studios in any capacity, it's closer and less expensive than Disney, even when including access to a water park and due to its reduced size doesn't require as big of a commitment to complete. Plus, I've been dying to try a cold mug of Butterbeer from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Though the same could be said of Disney treats like the legendary Dole Whip Float.) I feel that I'd get more of my money's worth from Disney World, even though I'd be spending more, but the traveling time is also going to be a concern. If all else fails, I could just split the difference and do a pair of shorter passes to both theme parks instead of a whole 4 or 5 day pass to Disney which I may not completely use depending on activities of the convention. Plus if I need my Disney fix there are other more accessible, less committment-heavy options like Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. Considering I'm going for 5 days in total surrounding that convention, I'll have lots of time for other attractions in Orlando. A work in progress to be sure.

Anyway, that's just a quick update on my life, why i haven't been around and what should bring me back here in the near future. I guarantee pictures from my Orlando trip will be coming, there's just too many things to see and do that it'd be criminal not to take a ton of shots. In the meantime, stay tuned here, because President Dog is back around the Doghouse and will be bringing the fun along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment